Search for a job with Programmed. View the current opportunities below, or use the job search filters.
ICT Technical Specialist
Job no: 954035
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology
- Based in Burswood
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
- Supportive team environment
Programmed's Vision is to be the leading provider in Staffing, Maintenance and Facilities Management services without injury. We provide the people, maintenance, tools and expertise to help our customers grow. We operate on the premise that all incidents are preventable and our objective is Zero Harm.
We are currently seeking an ICT Technical Specialist to join our team based in Burswood. As part of the Technical team, you will be working in a fun and dynamic workplace while delivering Programmed systems and infrastructure in a secure, planned and controlled manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, plan, install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot ICT Infrastructure including Server Hardware, Windows Server Operating Systems and related technologies (AD, DNS, GPO etc.), Storage infrastructure, Network devices (switches, Routers, firewalls etc.) and data protection technologies.
- Evaluation of new infrastructure and systems to deliver value or provide a competitive edge.
- Operational management of Data Centre services
- Provide technical guidance and leadership within the technical team, provide escalation support of ICT Technical Team and Business Systems Team
- Proactively engage the wider team and vendors to resolve issues and provide prompt, clear communication with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure all technical support activities are appropriately tracked through ITSM toolset, providing clear identification of work performed to resolve issues or deliver requirements.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of documentation relating to Operational Support functions.
- Pro-actively monitor critical platforms to address potential issues and risks across ICT Systems
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Participate in ongoing learning and professional development to remain up to date in knowledge of best technological practices
- Experience of infrastructure architecture ranging from conceptual level through to physical and logical design.
- Strong understanding of the need for compliance with process and procedure in addition to the concept of continuous improvement.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, documentation), and well developed customer service skills
- Understanding and experience in delivering services within IT Service Management frameworks (e.g. ITIL).
- Operational experience and working knowledge of the following (but not limited to) technologies :
- Microsoft Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Citrix Netscaler
- Azure and Office 365 Services such as Exchange Online
- Microsoft Server Technologies – AD, DNS, DHCP, NTFS permissions etc
- Understanding of Microsoft patch management mechanisms (ConfigMgr)
- Backup technologies and associated applications (Commvault)
- Disaster recovery management
- SAN technologies
- Understanding of LAN, WAN, and VLAN networking technologies to support infrastructure solutions and designs, including associated components and protocol requirements.
- Methodical diagnostic and trouble shooting skills with an ability to follow logical diagnostic models.
Qualifications and Experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- 5+ years suitable experience in a similar role
- MCSE: Server, Communication, Productivity
Who we are
Programmed is a leading provider of staffing, maintenance and facilities management services across a range of industries. Working with us means you will become part of the Programmed family: a company that encourages career development, supports flexibility and cares about your personal wellbeing and safety.
We encourage applications from men and women of all ages, including people with disability and Indigenous Australians
If you have the energy, attitude, experience and desire to be a part of this exciting opportunity, apply now!
To learn more about working with Programmed, we encourage you to visit our website.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time