Search for a job with Programmed. View the current opportunities below, or use the job search filters.
Job no: 950473
Work type: Full time
Location: Hobart, TAS - Other
Categories: Operations/Project Management, Facility Management, Branch Management, Engineering/Construction
Programmed Industrial Maintenance is currently seeking an experienced Operations Manager with previous experience in the resources industry to join our team based in Tasmania.
Successful applicant will be accountable for the delivery of service excellence across all assigned contracts through the effective management and monitoring of employees, financial and operational performance to ensure all works are delivered in a safe, timely and client desired manner, meeting the business’ internal quality standards. In addition, the Operations Manager is responsible for expanding the provision of services provided under the contract.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and develops and implements strategies to achieve increased performance.
- Reviews divisional performance and undertakes corrective actions to ensure adherence to key performance indicators, budget and strategic management plans.
- Monitors activities to ensure internal controls are in place and effective to maximise financial performance.
- Works with the customer and applicable divisional employees to formulate, implement, evaluate and adjust medium and long-term complex strategic plans.
- Reviews costs and performance to ensure performance objectives are met and promptly develops strategies to reduce or eliminate cost overruns.
- Monitors performance against agreed service levels and implements systems and process improvements to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Takes a lead role in the pursuit of new business and emerging opportunities and the ongoing development of relationships with existing customers
- Undertakes performance review and counselling of direct reports, managing unsatisfactory performance in conjunction with business policy & overseeing the identification and provision of training needs for employees in the project.
- Promotes a Zero Harm culture in line with the business’ safety beliefs and empowers all employees to be involved in HSEQ matters.
- Takes proactive steps to achieve Zero Harm and ensures all reasonable steps are taken to mitigate risks in all business processes and systems.
- Takes an active role in reviewing HSEQ onsite and takes corrective actions as required. - Ensures all incidents and near misses are reported as required and takes corrective action and escalates matters as necessary.
Ensures all HSEQ policies, procedures, and business standards are adhered to and concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
What you need to know/have:
- Appropriate trade or tertiary qualifications in building, engineering, site management or other relevant field, &/or appropriate tertiary qualifications in marketing or relevant business related discipline.
- A proven track record in business or contract management gained in a hands-on operational, contractual environment.
- Experience managing remote, Regional contracts and teams
- Prior experience in managing a profit and loss in excess of $10M
- Current drivers licence
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Who are we?
Programmed Industrial Maintenance is a leading provider of industrial maintenance solutions to the mining, oil & gas, manufacturing, utilities and infrastructure industries, leveraging scale to deliver localised services efficiently. Working with Programmed Industrial Maintenance means you will become part of the Programmed family: a company that encourages career development, supports flexibility and cares about your personal wellbeing and safety.
To register your interest, submit your application today using the “Apply for this job” button below.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time