Search for a job with Programmed. View the current opportunities below, or use the job search filters.
Job no: 950470
Work type: Full time
Categories: Industrial Maintenance
Programmed Industrial Maintenance is currently seeking an SMP Estimator with previous experience in the the maintenance / shutdown industry to join our team in Naval Base, reporting to the Regional Manager. The role demands expertise in evaluating from first principles and norms for structural, mechanical and piping works to identifying and quantifying cost and risk to methodology and finally tender review and submission.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Uses current estimating system to generate estimates in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generates scope of works statement in line with the business’ policies and procedures to clearly define what works are included/excluded from estimation.
- Undertakes site inspections and measurements or alternatively determines measurement from site plans.
- Identifies HSEQ requirements, labour, materials, hire and subcontractor costs to include in estimation.
- Ensures a disciplined approach is taken in regards to pricing and margin control.
- Maintains up-to-date information in regards to changes in access, site requirements, client specifications and Australian standards.
- Informs all parties involved of any factors that would impact the successful, safe, satisfactory and profitable delivery of the business’ operations.
- Actively participates in job handover from estimation to operations.
What you need to know/have:
- Experience SMP projects within mining/minerals/processing sectors.
- Relevant trades/engineering background is highly desirable and exposure to tender portals and preparation and entering tenders.
- A proven track record in estimating or related industry (Mechanical / Shutdowns & maintenance) experience in a similar role.
- Highly competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and other estimating specific software and tools.
- Ability to attend site as required both FIFO and local.
- Well organised, self-starter, with a team orientation and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Highly literate with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
Who are we?
Programmed Industrial Maintenance is a leading provider of industrial maintenance solutions to the mining, oil & gas, manufacturing, utilities and infrastructure industries, leveraging scale to deliver localised services efficiently. Working with Programmed Industrial Maintenance means you will become part of the Programmed family: a company that encourages career development, supports flexibility and cares about your personal wellbeing and safety.
To register your interest, submit your application today using the “Apply for this job” button below.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time