Search for a job with Programmed. View the current opportunities below, or use the job search filters.
Job no: 950412
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Other
Categories: Trades Qualified, Facility Management
- Make the great outdoors your office!
- Great team environment
- Permanent, Full-time opportunity
The Graham Papworth Designed Geelong Golf Club is situated only 10 min from the Geelong CBD and 35 min from Werribee. Part of the Geelong Golf Course Residential Community, this fantastic opportunity has arisen for a motivated and dedicated turf management professional to take on the role of the Course Superintendent. This highly challenging role reports directly to the General Manger of the Golf Division of Programmed Turnpoint P/L.
As Course Superintendent, you will organise, supervise and participate in daily course preparation activities - from day to day golf preparation, turf management, presentation, irrigation systems, staff rostering, approved financial budgets, W,H&S, plant and equipment maintenance, planning and scheduling of contractors when required.
This is a permanent full time salary position with weekend work on a rotating roster whilst working in a great team environment.
Skills and Experience
Good communication skills (both written and verbal) are considered essential for this role, as is knowledge of Word and Excel. The successful applicant will be required to participate in shared weekend overtime supervision and must also have a valid driver’s license.
The successful applicant will have experience in the following areas:
- Management of bent grass putting greens;
- Providing instruction on proper and safe use of all associated course equipment;
- Performing HR management duties such as evaluation, employee safety controls and disciplinary actions;
- Preparing clear and concise reports and maintaining effective employee, management and public relations;
- A thorough knowledge of turf registered pesticides and operation/supervision of pesticide application equipment;
- Must have a spray applicators license;
- An up-to-date knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of course operations;
- A thorough knowledge of irrigation system operation, maintenance and repair;
The successful applicant shall be self motivated, punctual and have the ability to work in all conditions.
If you feel you have the skill set to take on this significant role within one of Australia’s leading golf clubs, please submit your resume stating qualifications, project successes and relevant experience, marked confidential and addressed to the General Manager Golf Division, Programmed Turnpoint P/L Shops 9 & 10/1283 Point Nepean Rd. Rosebud VIC 3939 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm, Monday 10th December 2018.
Who we are
Programmed Turnpoint is a leading provider of construction and maintenance services to the golf and horse racing industries. Working with Programmed Turnpoint means you will become part of the Programmed family: a company that encourages career development, supports flexibility and cares about your personal wellbeing and safety.
We encourage applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have the energy, attitude, experience and desire to be part of this exciting opportunity, apply now!
To learn more about working with Programmed, we encourage you to visit our website.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time