Search for a job with Programmed. View the current opportunities below, or use the job search filters.
Manager - HSEQ & Compliance
Job no: 950236
Work type: Full time
Location: WA - Other
- Rottnest Island Location
- Great team environment
- Be part of an established brand with real career progression opportunities
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an experienced HSEQ & Compliance Manager to join our team based on Rottnest Island, working as an integral member of our management and leadership team.
Reporting to the Island Operations Manager, the HSEQ & Compliance Manager is responsible for developing a culture which fosters Zero Harm across the Island, engaging all stakeholders to ensure conformity against HSEQ standards and the safe operation and compliance of the contracted services.
A key responsibility of the position is the provision of safety leadership, expertise and support in the areas of risk assessment and minimisation, environmental and regulatory compliance, injury management and rehabilitation, and the coordination of operational training and development.
This role combines the best of hands-on safety and compliance management with a strategic and operational focus towards the achievement of our zero/harm values.
Skills and Experience
- Diploma (Occupational Health & Safety), alternatively proven experience in HSEQ areas
- Auditor or Lead Auditor in OH&S systems with at least 3 years experience in conducting QA, Environmental and OH&S audits
- A thorough understanding of the requirements of ISO 9001, AS 4801 and ISO 14001.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and maintain Integrated Management Systems.
- Knowledge of and experience in the water and sewerage industry. (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in the application of appropriate legislation and statutory requirements for Occupational Health and Safety and training.
- Ability to prepare concise management reports
- Lateral thinking ability with high problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Environment Management Systems principles and practice.
- Commercial decision making capacity.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, project management.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Effective supervision and people management skills.
- Knowledge of computer-based information systems and software applications e.g. GIS and MS Office.
This exciting opportunity offers an attractive salary including mobile phone. This a challenging role where you can make real contributions to the business, while accessing fantastic opportunities! This is a commuter role travelling from either Hillarys or Fremantle.
Who we are
Programmed Facility Management is leading provider of asset management, facilities maintenance and project management services across a multitude of industries. Working with Programmed Facility Management means you will become part of the Programmed family: a company that encourages career development, supports flexibility and cares about your personal wellbeing and safety.
We encourage applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have the energy, attitude, experience and desire to be part of this exciting opportunity, apply now!
To learn more about working with Programmed, we encourage you to visit our website.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time